Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Artist Statement Draft

Sound Proofing

These photographs are not necessarily a childhood memory or a place that I love it’s just a fire track at the back of my Suburb. I’ve always been inspired by my favourite chef Heston Blumenthal who has a way of making people use and question their senses when eating his meals and it was in his famous dish “Sound of the Sea” where I found my idea of recording my own sounds and playing them as a soundtrack to my photographs.

My title Sound Proofing relates to the fog in my photos. The fog creates a veil almost a numb feeling and when you look at my photos you’re seeing a normal landscape while hearing different types of recordings.

I’m hoping the viewer will start to wonder where the sounds are coming from and why they are there, but because of the fog, this veil that you can’t get out of, it is not until the last photo where what is really taking place is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment