For my assignment I would like to present images accompanied
with my own recording of sound effects. The inspiration for this idea came from
the famous British chef Heston Blumenthal, whom created a dish called “Sound of the Sea,”
where you are encourage to listen to the sea while eating this dish. He wanted
to awaken all of the diner’s senses. I thought that maybe I could somehow do
this with my photography. I would like to show all my images with my own
recordings of sounds. The connection of which the viewer may or may not at
first glance fully understand. I would like conversations to start up and
happen because that’s when I truly believe photography works, becomes popular
and powerful and truly memorable. I would like the viewer to look deeper into
the image and perhaps see what they are not looking at, what is not there.
Almost like listening to the pauses in music. My photography is what I believe
in and what is happening with our generation today. It is the contrast between
some of the images and the sound recordings that you will hear that will
initially and deliberately create the confusion and questions in the viewer’s
mind, which is exactly what I would like to do. My other images will be less
complex but I’m hoping will still encourage the viewer to look more closely and
with the aid of the added sound recordings have a fuller sensual response.
For two examples I am thinking of a canyon of office buildings,
bird calls, and for another example it seems nowadays we have nature all around
us but all we hear instead is the sound of cars and traffic noise.
No comments:
Post a Comment