Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Gallery Presentation

To present my works in a gallery I would like to have my photographs be 42x21cm prints on Pearl paper framed in a raw timber frame with white matting. I would choose to display my photography in a “U” shaped room with soft cream walls and gallery lighting. This way my photos would hopefully stand- out from the walls and the special effects of the “mist” would collect in the room.

To get the sense that you’re in amongst the photos I would like a machine that creates fog at your feet and that the heating in the gallery to be turned down a little and lighting to be a tad dimmed. The images would be numbered so people would know where to begin. I would choose to have the recordings on a speaker rather than people have head phones, I don’t want people to feel removed or isolated from each other. (I would use the expertise and experience of the gallery owner in regards to the playing of the recordings).

I would like the people to be given a post card before they enter that has my name, the name of the exhibition; the artist statement and my contact details. I have chosen to put this exhibition on in Canberra and hopefully it would run for 3-4 weeks. It would be brilliant if it were at the National Art Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment